Sunday 29 November 2009

ceilidh dancing

The ceilidh is sold out on Saturday nights. More men wear kilts than women skirts. Finishes at midnight. You'd expect a certain type goes to a ceilidh but it's not true. At one time or another everyone turns up at one. Most dances are introduced and practiced before the music starts. Men walk up to women they don't know and ask them to dance. A few dances involve changing partners so you can meet new people. One of my friends said she got a crush on someone at a ceilidh. And just when it really would have mattered she couldn't respond because something came up. It was the last dance.

I went to the ceilidh last night because I knew it was a last. I didn't regret it but won't be longing for another chance. I enjoyed a couple of dances but the afterparty was much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment